Monday, July 5, 2010

Sssssmokin'!!!


I don't know how to type that to make it sound the way Jim Carrey says it. Doesn't matter. The point is, these FANTABULOUS bags really defy corny segways, but the fact that they are comprised of retired firehoses makes it pretty much impossible not to try. I simply love it when eco truly goes above and beyond. Recycled stuff, cool. Street cred, cool. Great fashion sense, cool. BUT... anything to do with firemen is sheer awesome AND the fact that fledgling label ISSI took Elvis & Kresse's firehose bag concept a wee bit further and found some really talented artists and said "hey, we have some old fire hoses here, see whatcha can do with them..." WAY beyond brilliant. Leave it to the brits. I. Want. One.


The entire bag is made from re-used materials, including insides clad in parachute silk. I mean, c'mon... you just can't script cool like that. I know now what it takes me to pay that much for an "It Bag". Nevermind Balenciaga, or Hermes... although I won't bat an eyelash for a "re-cycled" one of those... but this yummy carryall below trumps both. Won't even cost as much as an Hermes... And waaaay less metal to contend with. SO nifty.



Yes, thank you.

2 comments:

Three Owls said...

those are so great... i want one too...

Pauline said...

LOVE!