Friday, January 29, 2010

Here's a switch!

OK, I am not used to posting about fashion, mostly because the one thing a Nelsonite is not required to hone is an astute fashion sense and it feels very silly for me to follow things that you city people already do so well. Unless it is a local artisan, and trust me, there is a very healthy dose of local talent here, I kinda leave the shoes and bags to other lovely and fabulous hunters. HOWEVER, I can't let these sweet little gems go unnoticed!




I am not into these types of sites. Years of being in the fashion industry in some form or another has created sort of a white noise effect in that regard, but I happened across a pair of these in a teeny ad this afternoon and went to check them out. No idea how long the site, Sense of Fashion has been around, but if you really search, there are some nifty indie designers listed.

And although I am certainly not suggesting pairing these shoes with this crafty little find, I think the colours and textures of some of Tchibi's crocheted necklaces are adorable! Handmade and from Brazil, with stupidly low prices, what a lovely way to bring some spring into your winter step!





3 comments:

Three Owls said...

I want these pink and purple suede shoes very much...sigh! I think they would last 5 minutes in the mud....
p.s. thanks for the lovely mentions:)

andrea of ffft said...

Lol, did you catch the price? Seventy bucks! I am worried that by the time I talk myself into a pair (there are limited quantities I believe) they will be gone. SO adorable. :)

Our Hands For Hope said...

I have never seen this site before! Wow what prices!